Friday, June 4, 2010

hello, friday.

This weeks inspiration was inspired by The Giving Tree, one of my favorite childhood books. As I was browsing Oh Joy I came across this fantastic wall mural that immediately brought me back to the line drawings of Shel Silverstein. These next three images are from Bestor Architecture, a firm based out of LA.





These next two are finds from four walls and a roof featuring photographer Laura Resen. I just love white spaces and those unconventional windows you don't see too much of anymore.

Remember that Orange Rhubarb Butter I mentioned last week? Well, it was my Sunday project and boy was it a good one. Although it took a lot of reducing (I might have let it go too far) and much patience (fruit butters always do) it is my new favorite addition to Greek yoghurt and granola. I imagine it would also be a great ingredient to have around when making homemade salad dressings or even the perfect spread for scones with clotted cream! Best of all, rhubarb is in season... that's my favorite part. Visit Food in Jars for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment