Wednesday, May 26, 2010

papernstitch & spools

Papernstitch's new, online exhibition is up from now until June 27th! Papernstitch is a monthly curated online exhibition space designed to showcase and promote talented artists, craftsman and designers on an international level. I'm still shocked that until a couple weeks ago I had never heard of this site but I can't tell you how excited I am to have a shop in the papernstitch gallery this month. Take a moment to scroll through all of the shops and prepare to start your wish list. 

I mentioned in a previous post that I was preparing for a garland photo shoot and so I wanted to share two of many photos that I took this morning to kick off this shop renovation I've been working on. These two images represent one of several color schemes I'm working with and perhaps it's my dry sense of humor but I think these next two are hilarious. It reminds of one of those serious and then silly family portraits where everyone does something crazy! It's probably just me...


The spools in these photos were found at the Brimfield Antique Show in Mass earlier this month. It was an excellent find and there were so many to choose from! I was speaking to the reseller and was glad to know that her entire collection (several hundred spools I presume) at one point in time belonged to textile mills throughout New England primarily in Connecticut, Mass and Rhode Island.

Check out design*sponge's favorite finds at Brimfield this year where you'll see more of the same spools and check out another one of their articles about Brimfield trends & tips from designers that make a pilgrimage to the antique show every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment