Wednesday, March 23, 2011

long overdue

It's been 46 days since my last post. I was chatting with a friend on the phone the other day and she said, "So... I noticed that you haven't updated your blog in a LONG time". I just laughed because it's not that I haven't been thinking about my blog, it's just been one of those things on my mental list that simply hasn't made the cut! I have to attribute my tardiness to my tendency to procrastinate the things in my life that should get done but aren't life or death. This has been one of them.

A lot has happened since my last post. Despite today's flurries the weather has warmed, spring has finally arrived and I've been training/running in my vibrams. This past winter has left me craving the sun and spending time outside these past few weeks has been so satisfying and uplifting. I also attended bee keeping school and just recently started helping out a maple farm during sugaring season! I had the privilege of spending a day last week collecting sap, boiling and bottling my own syrup, and loved every minute of it. And online shop renovations! Lots of new product photography and plenty more to come.

Here are a few books I've been excited about! I haven't gotten to Michael Pollan's A Place of My Own yet but I have a feeling it's right up my alley. Today I'll share my latest infatuation for writer's sheds. These teeny tiny inspiring spaces make me want to build! I love working with wood and a project like this might be the perfect way to test my ability to build something that could actually be inhabitable...

Roald Dahl's, The Gipsy House

Henry David Thoreau's Cabin at Walden Pond

Michael Pollan

Dylan Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment