Wednesday, July 7, 2010

catherine hammerton

So I try my hardest not to reiterate and repost features from other major blogs but I just had to talk about this incredible designer I came across on design*sponge a few weeks ago. Catherine Hammerton graduated from Royal College of Art, London in 2005 with a Masters Degree in Mixed Media Textile Design. She uses silk screening techniques, hand embroidery and digital tools to create beautiful pieces some of which include handmade products like soft furnishings and customizable wall paper you can find in her online shop. Take a look at these photos of Catherine's home and studio, taken for Elle Decor.


I love these photos. Her work has such a handmade aesthetic and I love the way she uses a variety of mediums that result in such a polished look. To see more images from the shoot, visit flickr and check out this interview with Catherine on mocoloco.














1 comment:

  1. what an inspiring little home! i love all the whimsical details!

    ReplyDelete